[vc_row][vc_column][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]On September 30, 2021 we hosted another webinar in our IAB series on How consumer journey intelligence can help achieve above-benchmark outcomes.
Consumer Journey as a metaphor for multi-stage marketing & advertising has been a topic of discussion for over a decade. It is more relevant now because the consumer journey has been altered and fragmented by COVID. Additionally, the technology for tracking and delivering customized consumer experiences is being overhauled with the deprecation of third-party cookies, making the topic of omnichannel consumer journey marketing highly relevant for brand marketers, advertisers and their agencies.
Featured speakers included:
- Seraj Bharwani, Chief Strategy Officer
- Max Dobbs, EVP, Enterprise Sales
- Jake Heiser, Sr. Director, Enterprise Solutions
In this session, we discussed:
- What is consumer journey intelligence and how it can inform and influence the business results achieved through omnichannel advertising programs?
- How to setup and activate a typical omnichannel journey using relevant historical and category-specific benchmarks?
- What is the ideal balance of roles between the human expert and the AI to achieve incremental gains?
- How to bridge journey intelligence between the online and the offline segments of the journey?
- Case studies using Journey Intelligence to drive business outcomes
Speakers shared real case studies on how marketers are utilizing journey intelligence to boost their business results. Case studies from a leading mattress retailer and a leading consumer goods company showcased the measurable business impact and deeper campaign insights they were able to achieve through this approach.
The mattress retailer case study explored how conversion-only journeys compared to fully-connected journey activation. Fully-connected journey activation referring to a programmatic campaign that nurtures users through the awareness, engagement and conversion stages using different creative and messaging at each stage and using AI to dynamically insert users into the most appropriate stage of the funnel.
Results proved a significant improvement in campaign performance by way of a full-funnel approach, including a 20% higher average order value.
Next we discussed a leading consumer goods company, who focuses on health foods and supplements. This client wanted to be able to see through the chaos with a wide audience and wide product line. Where to start? What to sell first? With illumin’s Pathlight Report, the client was able to visualize the journey of how a consumer was introduced to the product and the stages they moved through to reach the purchase. They were also able to discover to see what led them to purchase against competitors and which product was the one that actually hooked them and moved them through the funnel.
With these important insights, the client had the confidence to increase their marketing budget 10x while continuing to see performance gains.
Key considerations when building out your omnichannel campaign
- The balance between remarketing, acquisition and branding
- Ideal frequency and cadence
- Optimal media mix
Watch the complete webinar replay below.
Ready to implement consumer journey intelligence into your campaign?
Contact us to request a demo and learn how drive the most business impact from your programmatic advertising campaigns.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]